Friday 8 June 2012

My Ship Has Come In

Your Dreams Out the Window
Visual Assignments 379 - Your Dreams Out the Window

I have been keeping myself busy at the Macguffin Camp - reading about photography, doing my Daily Create assignments (did each and every one so far this week) and thinking about my visual assignments. I have completed two and the third is under way, but nobody knows about them. The reason why nobody knows about how diligent I have been is that I haven't updated this blog of mine.

I am going to be brief here, since I desperately want to go back to thinking about my visual assignments. I swear, they are addictive. These days I can't wait to get home so that I can update my Daily Create and play with my photo editors. I have even started carrying my camera with me and today, when my students left the classroom, I took some more photos (of the classroom and out the window). I did this, I reasoned, so that I could catch the light. Most of my Daily Create photos so far have been Nightly Creates, as I usually do them when I get home from work.

Anyway, what's this story of my ship coming in?

Visual Assignment 379 asks us to photograph our best daydreaming window and alter it to show what we are dreaming of. I am dreaming of the holiday and of the time I am going to spend at the sea-side with my family. It is as simple as that. Though, while I am at the sea-side, I will have to abstain from the Daily Creates and other Camp activities. You can't have it all.

And here's how I did this task:

I used PhotoFiltre. It is not in our packing list, but it is free to download and use. I wrote about PhotoFiltre here.

 I copy-pasted the ship onto the window as shown in this video:

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

After that I painted the area around the ship using the brush tool and some dark red paint matching the window.

The result is amateurish, but not too bad.



4 comments:

Jim Groom said...

I love the my ship has come in take on this assignment. A window can be a magical place ;)

Hatchet Jack said...

Very Nice window.

PhotoFiltre looks nice and user friendly. I was hoping to hear you in the tutorial? Thanks for doing that part of the work. Hatchet jack is not so good at that part.

Natasa said...

Jim, I am really glad you like the title. It came to me as I was already beginning to write the post.

Windows are magical. And this one has seen a lot of daydreaming.

Natasa said...

Hatchet Jack, you are right. I should have narrated it. I thought I would get away with just the picture. Next time, I promise.

I am not particularly good at this part, either. Practice makes perfect, or so I have heard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...